Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I get extra power supply leads?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by alexclaber, Nov 19, 2002.

1. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I'm in the UK and have a JuiceBox power supply for which I'm one lead short. Anyone know where I can get a power lead with 2.1mm boss-type connectors at each end?

Cheers,

Alex

2. You mean these?

Short connection cables, Cables for Musicians

For DC voltage supply, especially for effect units. 6 cables in different colours, 300mm long, with 2 x 2.1mm coaxial DC plug.

Tried the music store?

[​IMG]

3. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Ok, Joris -

I'll bite, which music store?

4. alexclaber

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Yes, I've tried every single shop in Denmark Street, (that's where most of the Central London guitar shops reside). I've tried the Bass Centre. I've tried Strings Direct who sell those Dunlop bricks. I'm about to start on the UK distributors. I cannot believe how incredibly difficult it is to find these things. People keep recommending Mpalins to me and they dont' sell them either. RS Electronics has the parts to make up the leads but they'll end up coting about £8 each.

Hence my question - any assistance appreciated...

Alex

5. OK, I'll confess, those are not from a music store, but from a supplier. I'm Dutch, and it's a German supplier.

Link to Monacor

Search the site for Article No. ADC-05 and ADC-06

Those are what you're looking for. It's a German company though.

6. LunarDave

LunarDave

Feb 5, 2002
    Leeds, UK
    Can you solder, or do you know anyone who can?
    If so, you can easily buy the cable and 2.1mm jacks at Maplin or somewhere similiar.
    It will cost very little too.

7. alexclaber

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    > Can you solder, or do you know anyone who can?

Yes - I've made all my signal cables myself.

> If so, you can easily buy the cable and 2.1mm
    > jacks at Maplin or somewhere similiar.
    > It will cost very little too.

Well you'd think so wouldn't you - I finally found the plugs at RS electronics a while back - and they cost about £3.50 each - so it would be cheaper to buy a ready-made lead from my pedalboard supplier in the US!

Thanks for all the help guys - keep on coming with the suggestions!

Alex

8. Don't ever buy from RS unless you need 10,000 plugs. They're a world wide industrial supplier. Same for Farnell or Newark.

Close to where I live, in a nearby city (5 mile drive) there are 2 stores where I can buy these things for under a dollar. Isn't there a radio shack or something near you? Also try digikey.com or another online store that will sell parts by the few.

9. LunarDave

LunarDave

Feb 5, 2002
    Leeds, UK
    Maplin have the straight-barrelled 2.1mm connectors for £0.49 each.
    Go to www.maplin.co.uk and search on product code HH60Q.
    I don't think they have a right-angled version.
    I built my own fly leads for my pedals using these connectors.
    They are small, so you may find you can get away without the right angled version.

10. alexclaber

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Brilliant! (note to self - ignore the staff at Maplins, they are clueless). I'm actually going through a phase of pedalboard rearrangement - my Meatball is just not getting fully used so I'm going to replace it with a simpler envelope filter and free up a large wodge of cash in the process (Lovetone's no longer making pedals so they've all doubled in value!) - but once I've decided on the new FX I'll get some of those connectors.

Alex