Where can I get good individual drum samples

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    You know. Seperate. One hit of a bass drum, snare, etc. Is it called MODs? Because I have Modplug tracker and my samples I have kinda suck. They need to be Wav (well I can convert them to wav if they are MP3) but I would like to save some time. Also if the could be groups of samples in a zip file, that would rock as well.

Anyone else use Modplug Tracker, or any other trackers?
  2. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    A program called Fruity Loops will let you build beats, one hit at a time. It comes with lots of samples (different snare hits, different bass drum kicks, etc.) You can search for and download Loops online (or kazaa ;))
    Another program called Masterhits Masterbeats lets you do much of the same + you can export individual hits or full put together beats into .wav files.

Steinberg, Rebirth, Sonic Foundry.. those are three popular software companies that make loads of different programs for building music on your PC.

You can always email me or PM me if you need some help.

Good luck.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I like how I completely forgot I started this thread.

Yeah, I've been thinking of going back to fruity loops. ModPlug is more from a Mathmatic point of view. Fruityloops seems more of a musicians drum tracker. I've got a friend who has all sorts of samples he got for Modplug and he doesn't know where he got them. I'm going to have him burn them (they are very realistic, it's sweet)
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany