Where can I get my bass repainted.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dirk, May 2, 2001.

1. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    I've been thinking about it, and I want to redo my old bass. It's an Epiphone Acuubass Jr. and it has a pretty solid body, but it has a crappy neck and I would like a new paint job on it. I was wondering where could I look into getting my bass painted mint green? If you have any ideas, let me know.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    For the cost of repainting your Epi, you could have a good chunk of the cos of a new, better bass. If you have it professionally done, of course.

Will C.:cool:
  3. Dude, Check this out.....
    My Dad gave me an old cheese log (a guitar bought back in the late 60's early 70's made in japan and for about $49) it had a semi-decent sunburst finish on it but had chipped and cracked over the years, the tuners were crap and the chrome pickguard was corroded. I sanded it down with 80 grit sand paper and then over three different sessions I worked my way up to 400 grit paper. Once it was smooth and paint free I used normal everyday stain, specifically sugar maple. after using an old fruit of the loom white tshirt to apply it I wiped off the excess and then wet sanded it to set the color. after allowing it to dry for 24 hours I put the first coat of gloss polyeurythene. after 24 hours of drying time I used 00 steel wool and buffed it down before adding the second coat. another 24 hours, another buffing with 00 steel wool and a coat of poly. then, 24 hours later, I buffed it with 0000 steel wool and added another coat, did it again 24 hours later with one exception, instead of another coat I used a good wax after 24 hours, and buffed it again. it looks extremely trick, I have never seen anoth guitar like it, if I can get a pic I will post it for you...