Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where can i get pickups online

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    where can i get the best deal on a replacement MM pickup, online. also, if you know anything about passive MM pickups, please share your thoughts and knowledge.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    bestbassgear.com is a good place to go to for Barts. Brian there will help you out.

Also, for Seymour Duncan MM replacements you could try guitarelectronics.com or Black Rose Custom at http://www.blackrosecustom.emerchantpro.com/

I've had good experiences with all three places.

I did put the SD MM replacement system into my old '90 stingray. I replaced pickup and preamp, it made the sound a lot warmer on the bottom end while keeping the stingray sound.

3. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Oh, and I forgot about gtrheaven.com, slightly more expensive but good service and fast shipping.

5. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Carey Nordstrand is in the process of puting the final touches on his version of 4, 5, and Sterling versions of the MM pickup. If time isn't of the essence, you might want to hold out until those are available.