Where can I get Real music (not Tab) for Donna Lee?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by S. Byrnes, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Just as the post says. I read music a whole lot better than I read tabs and I was wondering if there was anywhere I could get Donna Lee for bass, preferably online, downloadable, and for free ;) But I would pay for a copy as well. Thanks.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Then... why is this in the tab forum.

*head explodes*
  3. Bass Spectrum

Bass Spectrum Guest

Nov 3, 2003
    Bel Air, MD
    Spend the money and purchase JACO PASTORIUS It's an awesome book that has both music notation and Tabliture. It also comes with a CD.

Just go to your search engine and look up HAL LEONARD. You can buy it safely on line, or go to Barnes and Noble and have them order it for you.

4. I'm sorry, but I didn't see a forum for the real and only correct way to accuratley express what the composer wants played. I felt that this would be the best place to post because TAB is another form of representing music.

Thank you very much

Thanks, I'll get it and see if I can play any of it :)
  5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    No problem; glad I could help :)
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The Jaco book is really cool. I've only skimmed through it, but I want it. Notation plus it give little tips and notes. Really cool.

I think notation requests go in Misc but I'm not sure.
  7. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I have this book. Like all tabs, be careful, some of the fingering is weird. My suggestion is to work out the fingering on your own.