Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I get some 1/4" phone plugs that accomidate 12AWG speaker cable?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lo-end, Jan 9, 2002.

1. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Well I have looked and looked, but none in sight! I've even bought the infamous G&H MegaFoot ones with the HUGE barrels, but they still didn't fit 12 gauge speaker cable. Anyone know where I can get some of them?

I was gonna get some from Bob Gollihur, but one of my buddies got my password for my email account and sent him a vulgar email with my name on it. To make a long story short, he is pretty pissed at me and is not speaking to me anymore :(

Eh... I think Switchcraft makes some? Where can lo-end find some wide 1/4" phone plugs then?

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Have you tried Radio Shack? They might be able to order them for you if they don't have them in stock.

BY the way, that was too bad what your buddy did. I just can't imagine what motivates someone to act like that.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, NOT Radio Shack! You're on the right track if you can find Switchcraft at a local electronics supplier, like Western Radio or something. Radio Shack components will lead you into a life of heartache and sloth.

Sorry to hear about "your buddy." ... snicker snicker, chortle ...

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Actually, I deserved it. We were both playing practical jokes on each other that week. I changed his whole entire email screen into Bulgarian or some obscure language like that.

Among other things... ;)

Yeah, what stores carry Switchcraft stuff? I could probably order that part I need from them. I saw it on the switchcraft website.

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
  6. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Looks like the 188 is the stuff I want. What stores sell Switchcraft stuff?

For all you tech-savvy guys: Do certain phone plugs handle high voltage better than others? Im gonna be using this with an amp that puts out a maximum of 900 watts @ 8 ohms. Do the specs look okay? (look in my above post for the link to the specs)

I would use a speakon end instead, but my Mesa/Boogie cab only has a 1/4 input on it. Its my only choice.

7. The picture speaks of itself.. :D

yes.. that is my very personal speakercable..

2x 6mm core.. crammed up a tight little 6.3mm jack plug :D

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Can you say "Yellow pages?" Try under electronics.