1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where can I get something like this crossover....?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by myke.nytemare, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ...just rated for 2x or 3x more power? Like 350W per side @ 4ohms?

The one in there does not work and now I must bi-amp and run each input at full range and the speakers can not take it (and they have been replaced with new ones)

I do not want to have to get another power amp, or a rackmount crossover and another power amp just to be able to send 350W (of lower frequencies) to the 18" and 350W (of higher frequencies) to the 10s. Right now I power both speaker sets with a Firebass 700.

ISNT THERE ANY AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS LIKE THIS??????

PLEASE HELP ME!

Attached Files:

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I think that Madisound (www.madisound.com) will design you a custom x-over, and the price is probably tolerable, since they stock all of the parts.

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Have you tried Peavey themselves?

4. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA

My faithful old Yamaha PB1 pre-amp allows bi-amping, and running it through a two-channel power amp would do just what you're looking for, along with variable crossover frequency, and separate level control for each channel.

I'm reasonably sure there are others that'll do the same thing.

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    How many 1820 threads have you had anyway over the past 6 months? Plenty of replies and ideas on the subject, and for that matter plenty of other threads pointing to pertinent info on cab design, retrofitting, and so forth. If that hasn't made a dent, give/sell the 1820 to someone who understands driver choices, T-S parameters and modeling programs such as WIn ISD Pro, cab retuning, crossovers etc. That cab could be done spiffy a number of different ways.