1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where can I rent bass amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MASQ_band, Jan 26, 2012.

1. MASQ_band

MASQ_band

Jan 26, 2012
    My band has gig soon and we need to use our own equipment. Since the gig is in front of 1,500 people, I need a good sized head and cabinet, but I merely have a small combo amp with a 15 inch speaker that just won't do the job for that many people, and since I can't spend a lot of money right now, I need to rent a head and cabinet. Any ideas?

2. It might be a lot easier to answer if we knew where you are !

3. MASQ_band

MASQ_band

Jan 26, 2012
    I live in Los Angeles.

4. Old Fart

Old Fart

Mar 11, 2011
    Wait a minute. You're playing for 1500 people and you have a 15" combo? I have a 15" combo and I'm not disparaging that but I just wonder.....how does someone with a 15" combo get to play to 1500 people. That's the first curiosity and the second is...why is there no PA, at this 1500-people venue, that can solve the problem.

For 1500 people you're going to need some serious muscle.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've played a 115 combo in front of crowds of 5000-10,000. Of course we had PA...and it's a really loud combo...does 25w.

;)

Call music stores and see if they have a used amp and a 410 or something they can rent you. You could try S.I.R. since you're in LA. It's a music equipment rental company.

6. ddino

ddino

Jan 1, 2012
    You can usually just go to a music store and rent almost any equipment they have, for pretty cheap too. At least that's how it works here in Canada.

The first "gig" my high school band played was some school spirit event in front of ~800 + people, in our school gymnasium.

I actually played through a 100W combo (cranked pretty high mind you), and I was told it didn't sound terrible, but obviously it could have been a lot better.