1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where can you buy good bass strings cheap?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DLI848, Sep 25, 2010.

1. DLI848

DLI848

Oct 28, 2009
    Are any of you guys endorsed by good string making companies. I'm a student in college so I'm kind of tight on money. Is there a website that sells name brand strings, cheap? Or can any of you guys hook me up? I'll pay.

2. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Buy a set of flats, those are dirt cheap. Most popular ones 'round here are D'addario Chromes and Labella Deep Talkin' Flats.

3. DLI848

DLI848

Oct 28, 2009
    I play roundwound steels.

4. slotrod65

slotrod65

Dec 29, 2009
  5. The for sale section on TalkBass! :D

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I often buy strings from juststrings.com, but the least expensive I've found is Imperial Guitars online. They're about 60% of the price that juststrings charges. They have even special ordered Labella Deep Talkin' flats in short scale for me and still gave me a fantastic price.

7. DLI848

DLI848

Oct 28, 2009
  8. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    This is the best place to buy. You pay about half-price and if you don't like them, just sell them back, and all you lose is postage.

9. RedemptionBass

RedemptionBass

Dec 12, 2007
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Head (and only) Honcho at Redemption Bass
  10. fivestringdan

fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001