1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where could I find a YBA 200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jacob M, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    I've heard lots of great stuff about the Traynor YBA 200's, but I can't find a store that carries them. Where have those of you that own them bought them?

2. www.crescentcitymusic.com in a rural area of florida. Alan has a TB discount. Should be able to get it for 600-ish + shipping.

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Try Yorkville.com, they have a dealer locator for the Traynor amps. For SURE there is one near you in New York. And don't pay more than 600 for one, I got mine for 570 and that was a good deal.

4. I would throw in some extra money for the alternate tube compliment, as listed in the other threat. though KT-88s are expensive.I woul djust replace the preamp tube, based on that other thread. It gives the YBA balls. I asked c-city what he sells them for.

5. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    This could be a very a good suggestion depending on what bass you play. With my KSD and my Sterling I can crank the preamp pretty high with no inadvertant distortion but with the pre at 5 with my Warwick it overdrives like mad if I dig in, all depends on the character of your basses and how hard you play. Not a bad idea if you have high output basses and play hard, the preamp tubes can't be more than 30-50 bucks can they?