Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where could I find a YBA 200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jacob M, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    I've heard lots of great stuff about the Traynor YBA 200's, but I can't find a store that carries them. Where have those of you that own them bought them?

2. www.crescentcitymusic.com in a rural area of florida. Alan has a TB discount. Should be able to get it for 600-ish + shipping.

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Try Yorkville.com, they have a dealer locator for the Traynor amps. For SURE there is one near you in New York. And don't pay more than 600 for one, I got mine for 570 and that was a good deal.

4. I would throw in some extra money for the alternate tube compliment, as listed in the other threat. though KT-88s are expensive.I woul djust replace the preamp tube, based on that other thread. It gives the YBA balls. I asked c-city what he sells them for.

5. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    This could be a very a good suggestion depending on what bass you play. With my KSD and my Sterling I can crank the preamp pretty high with no inadvertant distortion but with the pre at 5 with my Warwick it overdrives like mad if I dig in, all depends on the character of your basses and how hard you play. Not a bad idea if you have high output basses and play hard, the preamp tubes can't be more than 30-50 bucks can they?