Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where did all the singers go?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by TJBass, Feb 9, 2003.

1. My classic rock and blues band just lost its singer, he had a great voice but thought he could do much better playing the guitar than our lead guitarist. So now he is off to guitar lessons, maybe we will see him again in about 20 years when he catches up to lead guitarists experience level.

Tonight we auditioned a new singer, he answered our ad and claimed he was defiantely a "front man" with amazing stage character. He also claimed he was an accountant and was only interested in having fun, and not looking for a career. Sounded too good to be true, and it was!

We arrived early at the studio we rehearse at, get all setup and on the first song, "Ain't no Sunshine", he seems to be having trouble coming in on the song, even though the lead Gtarist and I had sung the song 3 or 4 times before we all got set up. Then, instead of winging it through songs he didn't know he would stop in the middle of the first verse and then start reading the lyrics, never regaining the song. This occurred on every song, including the ones he claimed he knew.

Now I ask you, who doesn't know the words and when to come in on the song Roadhouse Blues by the Doors?

Gonna be a hard row to hoe!

Jay

2. Phhphpp...stupid accountants.