Where did all the Warmoth T-bird bodies go?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by billiam5billion, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. So, Warmoth used to carry a T-bird body, right? And I'm assuming that lots of people bought them, and that not all of them kept them forever, so I went looking for some on the used market and they're as scarce on the used market as they are on Warmoth! What happened to all the sold T-bird bodies?

2. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Considering how expensive it actually is to build a Warmoth, I'd imagine that the great majority of Warmoth builds stay intact, especially one that's discontinued and sought after like a Warmoth Fenderbird.

3. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    Yep. I don't see too many Warmoth part-outs for sale on the webs (and I'm always trolling for parts). Occasionally you'll see the odd Warmoth body or neck for sale by someone who bought it for a project, but lost their ambition/never got "around to it", but that's about it.

And I don't think I've ever seen a Warmoth T-Bird body.

MobileHolmes likes this.
  4. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    I don't know their actual sales numbers, but I don't think the tbird was all that popular. Back when they still made them, there might be a couple on the instock bodies page compared to probably 75 each for ps and js

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021