Where did all the Warmoth T-bird bodies go?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by billiam5billion, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. So, Warmoth used to carry a T-bird body, right? And I'm assuming that lots of people bought them, and that not all of them kept them forever, so I went looking for some on the used market and they're as scarce on the used market as they are on Warmoth! What happened to all the sold T-bird bodies?

2. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Considering how expensive it actually is to build a Warmoth, I'd imagine that the great majority of Warmoth builds stay intact, especially one that's discontinued and sought after like a Warmoth Fenderbird.

3. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    Yep. I don't see too many Warmoth part-outs for sale on the webs (and I'm always trolling for parts). Occasionally you'll see the odd Warmoth body or neck for sale by someone who bought it for a project, but lost their ambition/never got "around to it", but that's about it.

And I don't think I've ever seen a Warmoth T-Bird body.

MobileHolmes likes this.
  4. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    I don't know their actual sales numbers, but I don't think the tbird was all that popular. Back when they still made them, there might be a couple on the instock bodies page compared to probably 75 each for ps and js