Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where do I buy big cable ties?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Mar 10, 2003.

1. I'm building a pedalboard in a somewhat unconventional way: I bought a baking rack and am going to cable-tie my stompboxes to it, like I once saw an effects-happy guitarist do.

Anyhow, where should I go to get long (1' or longer) cable ties? My Variwah and Intelliphase will need especially long ones.

2. Try auto suppliers.. you know the places u buy all your car accessaries from? And also mechanical parts.. We have places like Auto Barn, Rocca Bro's, Repco etc.

Electronics stores sell them. Radio Shack might (for the americans), i know the aussie places like Dick Smith Electronics and JayCar Electronics sell all kinds.

:D:D

Merls

3. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    Check out a company called Panduit they have cable ties up to 3 feet long...

4. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Just mentioning what you probably already know: You can put cable ties together to increase thier length.

Pkr2

5. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Home Depot.

Serious, I think I've seen them there.

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Clean up slacker!

Anyway, if you can't find long ones I have a ton of them from data gear installation years ago. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you some.

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I sell them thru my other business.
    I'll get you some too, if you still need them.