1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where do I buy big cable ties?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Mar 10, 2003.

1. I'm building a pedalboard in a somewhat unconventional way: I bought a baking rack and am going to cable-tie my stompboxes to it, like I once saw an effects-happy guitarist do.

Anyhow, where should I go to get long (1' or longer) cable ties? My Variwah and Intelliphase will need especially long ones.

2. Try auto suppliers.. you know the places u buy all your car accessaries from? And also mechanical parts.. We have places like Auto Barn, Rocca Bro's, Repco etc.

Electronics stores sell them. Radio Shack might (for the americans), i know the aussie places like Dick Smith Electronics and JayCar Electronics sell all kinds.

:D:D

Merls

3. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    Check out a company called Panduit they have cable ties up to 3 feet long...

4. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Just mentioning what you probably already know: You can put cable ties together to increase thier length.

Pkr2

5. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Home Depot.

Serious, I think I've seen them there.

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Clean up slacker!

Anyway, if you can't find long ones I have a ton of them from data gear installation years ago. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you some.

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I sell them thru my other business.
    I'll get you some too, if you still need them.