1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

where do i buy new pots?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by precision punk, Apr 25, 2009.

1. precision punk

precision punk

Mar 15, 2009
    i jus ordered a set of TI jazz flats yesterday and today my pots are goin out!! its a 08 fender american standard p bass where do i buy new pots?:help:

2. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    You can get pots anywhere. Stewmac, Guitar center, ect. The bass is basically new, how is it already wearing out? Good Luck, anyway.

3. precision punk

precision punk

Mar 15, 2009
    hmm so you can put any pots or is there specific ones? and i think they went out quick cuz i change my pickguard alot and maybe one of the times i did something im not sure

4. You probably just disconnected one of the solders somewhere, check to make sure that all of your wires are connected to something (pots don't usually go bad like that)

5. Those pots are too new to be bad unless you are doing something really unusual to them, like Modifier said, check the connections.