Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where do I find Bass sheet music?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by poletta88, Feb 27, 2006.

1. poletta88

poletta88

Feb 27, 2006
    Thunder Bay
    I've been playing bass for about 2 months now and I'm running out of tabs to play from the internet.

I went to a local music store and all they had was sheet music for piano/guitar......I then went online and there was very little sheet music available.

Being that I'm a rookie to this bass stuff, I'm not sure if there is material out there to buy (ie. proper sheet music or tabs) or am I just supposed to have a good ear and pick out the bass line from the songs I want to play from a CD?

Can anyone help me out here???? Where do I get sheet music???

Thanks,
    Poletta88

2. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    just use your ear. it might take awhile to get the hang of it, but it's a good skill. like i'm a very unprepared musician (uh oh) and i rarely bring music (well, i've started bringing music just in case). it's really useful to be able to figure out bass lines or use guitar chords on a bass as single notes.

3. Herman

Herman

Dec 25, 2005
    Lynchburg, VA
    Are you looking for sheet music for anything in particular?

4. poletta88

poletta88

Feb 27, 2006
    Thunder Bay
    I'm really looking for some music for Seal, his bass lines are a bit tricky I think and haven't been able to find anything yet.

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

6. Herman

Herman

Dec 25, 2005
    Lynchburg, VA
    That's a tough one. I don't think I can help you with Seal - anything else?

7. poletta88

poletta88

Feb 27, 2006
    Thunder Bay
    No, that was the one person I couldn't find anything on.....looks like I'll have to 'listen' more closely.......Any tips on how to pick up the notes easier?

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member