1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where do I get a vintage Ampeg stanby switch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joshsantaga, May 9, 2006.

  1. joshsantaga


    May 9, 2006
    First off I'm not very techie. I have an early 80's Ampeg SVT (not very classic is it?) Anyway my standby doesn't work anymore and I can't find a replacement on any site or even help from Ampeg. Any suggestions on finding this part?
  2. anderbass


    Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    You can buy switches at electronics supply shops and as a last resort, at "Radio shat"-(shack) stores. They have a big selection of rocker and toggle switches.
    Be careful, the insides of unplugged tube amps can kill you dead! No kidding....:eek:

Share This Page