1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where do I get string sets for a 9 string bass?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by LexJazz, Jan 8, 2018.

1. I have a Conklin Custom 9 string bass and was wondering if there are any manufacturers other than Conklin that sell sets and individual strings. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Hit up Jason @SLaPiNFuNK at Bass Strings Online

www.bassstringsonline.com

Send him an email with what you are looking for, as he's changing his website and you may not see everything there yet.

3. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    I have strings from .194T down to .007P

Conkal likes this.
  4. ixlramp

ixlramp

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    ^ Interesting, sounds like the .194 may be one of the Conkilin Snakeskins range.

Kalium Strings (mail order only) have singles from .008p to .266, various 9 string sets.
    9 String Sets - Standard Scale - Balanced Tension - Hybrid Bass Strings - Shop By Material - Electric Bass Guitar
    9 String Sets - Standard Scale - Balanced Tension - Steel Bass Strings - Shop By Material - Electric Bass Guitar
    Those are the 'balanced' (equal tension) sets.They also do 'traditional' (top heavy) and 'drop tune' sets.
    Custom sets of singles are no extra cost.
    They are based in CA.