1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Osama_Spears, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Whats the happenin' guys, its been so so so long since i've posted here.

I am in a huge bind in life right now. I want to be a professional musician and instructor eventually, I have graduated from a local community college with my associates in music. I auditioned for CCNY (of CUNY, in New York) and did not get in - my general plan was to go to school in NYC to network and play with the cities musicians so I'd eventually be able to full-time gig and teach in the city. I applied to another local university, however did not audition for the music program. From the lack of interest in the university, and lack of interest in Baltimore - I have come to the conclusion that I want to move, or work towards moving whether it be a full-time job or a school that would take me to a new city.

I just don't really have any clue as to where I want to go. I want to go somewhere that has tourist attraction, and vast night life so gigs won't be scarce. I'd still love to make the move to NY but the cost of moving there without any direct contacts to the city (such as students and teachers through class) seems like a very expensive decision.

I am 20 years old and I don't want to look back at this time as the time of my life where I became 'stuck'. So many of my peers are doing this, and I want to take this risk before I'm to old to discover the best idea is staying home ;)

Any comments and/or tips are appreciated,

Thank You

2. bump