1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

where do i go from here

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by irishmonster100, Jan 27, 2012.

1. my current rig is a marshall mb450 head with a peavy tx410 and a marshall mbc 115 now i love this rig it has one of the best rock/metal tones ive ever heard when playing live but for reasons beyond my understanding i have been wanting to get a full new rig i have been thinking ashdown or ampeg or possibly gallien krueger has anyone any suggestions?

2. I suggest posting in the AMPS section ;).

But seriously, I love Carvin gear. Maybe check them out?

3. ive played through carvin before and they sound great but the problem is that they cost an arm and a leg to import them to ireland :(

4. sunnycal

sunnycal

Aug 21, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I recently upgraded based on my impression of my teachers equipment. I bought a used Ashdown ABM 500 Evo II head and had it serviced and updated and then I bought an Acme B-1 cab. Both are great and sound really good. The cab has such a good, clean sound. It's a 3 way speaker that really pumps out the low end cleaner than most cabs. Check it out and talk to the designer Andy he can give you lots of info.