1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where Do I Stand With These Electronics?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DLemos, Feb 25, 2016.

1. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    I recently traded for a new Fretless, and I am wondering where these electronics fall in comparison to other electronics available- raw tone wise.

The pick-ups are a Fender Vintage Noiseless snug against the neck, and an Artec Piezo at the bridge. It also has a Fishman Powerchip pre-amp installed. No tone knobs, just volume.

I guess to get the ball rolling I can throw some fancy companies in here, maybe compared to some Bartolini's, or Aguilar, maybe even some old-school mud-buckers in a 60's Gibson EB. Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    Am I allowed to "bump," this?

3. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Pictures would really inspire some responses I bet...

4. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Does it have a stereo output?

5. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    I think it does....

6. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Do you like the tone?

7. Murdoc_420

Murdoc_420

Jan 20, 2016
    Colorado
    tone is in the fingers

8. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    I love the tone. Just seeing what else
    is out there...

9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

If you love the tone I suggest not even opening that can of worms. You may spend a fortune to end up back where you are.

Will_White likes this.
  10. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    I do not intend of changing them, I am just looking for what else is available, maybe for a bass build in the future or something.

11. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    Not interested in having two basses sound the same!

12. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    None of this talk is easing my curiosity to see this bass... In fact I don't believe you have this bass. TB rules, no pics...no bass!

:woot:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I don't think you have to worry about that. You've got a pretty unique combo there.

Will_White likes this.
  14. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Yeah I don't think that you'll have any issue with having two basses that sound the same, I have a similar configuration on my fretless with a strat single coil sized humbucker at the neck and I've yet to hear anything that has a similar tone, add in the piezo and you have a recipe for a killer unique tone. I can't comment on the fancier pickups but compared to a Mudbucker at the neck I think that the noisless singlecoil will have more top-end definition then the Mudbucker and a similar low end, IME the high end is dictated mostly by pickup style and low end is dictated by pickup location.