Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where do strawberries grow?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, May 4, 2003.

1. Is there a magical strawberry bush that gives strawbery goodness to all passerbys? I figure they come from a plant of some sort. I could, however be wrong about this. What do YOU think?

2. they grow in bushes, as does every berry i can think of...

3. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga

your mom's magical bush give's me goodness.....:oops:

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    In my neighbor's back yard.

5. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    what about dingleberries? :D :D

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The ones that I've picked grow in small leafy bushes. They're sometimes kind hard to see because they hide deep inside. Don't reach into deep though because you might fall into the land of Narnia.

brad cook

7. Pardon me for being Australian and all, but I don't think George W. Bush is that magical.....:rolleyes: :D

8. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    they dont grow, they appear in markets.

Tsk tsk.. ignorant people.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Nerd moment: They're not berries. They're actually part of the rose family.

10. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Short little bushes. I take the fam over to one of our local farms here that do the pick your own veggie thing.

And yes they're magical bushes ;)

11. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    How about 'forest strawberries' then, what's the term in english for these small, tasty strawberries growing in the woods? And yes, they grow in small bushes too :)

12. the ones you see in stores arent wild strawberries, they are farmed, the wild ones arent as sweet and are pretty small. but strawberries, wild or not, grow on little leafy bushes, about a foot and a half high and about a foot and a half in diameter, they have large picking fields in the country, you can pick them yourself, or buy them, let me tell you, many a young un had their first taste of real labour at these places, the smell makes you sick after a while, theres no shade, your in the sun for about 8 hours a day, and you get payed 25 cents a carton you pick, and it gets pretty unfun, thank god i never decided to do it. me and my mom go picking every three years, we make enough jam and ice cream topping to last us more then that long. and.....NOW YOU KNOW

13. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Uh, OK. What about carrots then?

14. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Those grow in my neighbor's back yard, too.

15. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI

LOL!!!

16. The big, red, tasteless strawberries all come from California. The small, not-quite-so-red, TASTY ones come from either Florida or the Great Lakes region.

17. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    a happy mountaineer pisses clear, yellow and stinky, take a drinky. no, wait, thats not it:D

Theres a rhyme like that one that has something to do with what berries are good to eat, and what arent, but of course i cant remember it.

18. The rhyme you started was funny. I don't know the other but I've heard it before, that much I am sure of. Got any other rhymes for us??

jtbp

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Roots.

20. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Ummm, Strawberry Blond Bush.