Where do we bassists work?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JoePlaysDaBass, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wonder what different kinds of careers / occupations that bass guitarists find themselves in. It wold be interesting to find a pattern, and perhaps realize that we have yet another thing in common :)

It might be best to keep things as simple as possible. Maybe give a job description if it's requested, but otherwise, state your primary source of income.

I am an assistant manager at Little Caesers Pizza. Your turn!

2. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    I am student and work part time in a convenience store.

3. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    I do communications for a church. I have been, at various times, a writer/editor/proofreader, and a retail manager -- music and book stores. I hate working retail.

4. Right now being a bassist IS my work, although I'm in the process of becoming a law clerk/paralegal to give me some more options...

5. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    I am a pizza maker/femaledog for a local pizza shop.

6. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    I'm a student working part time at a music store.

7. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    College senior. I also work at/rob blind a grocery store to make extra money.

Just kidding! :p I rarely ever actually do work at the store.

8. Factory worker . I make Dry erase and chalk boards.
    I GET TO PLAY WITH STAPLE GUNS!!!

9. I am a Film and Television producer and 2nd unit Director. I have noticed however that a lot bass players are the "experts" in many music stores, studios and pro sound outfits. In my local store pro audio is run by a bass player, recording and keys a bass player, band instruments yeah that's right a bass player... mmmmm

10. Orph

Orph

May 11, 2009
    Trondheim, Norway.
    I work part time at a pizza restaurant, but I'm mainly an engineering student going for a masters degree.

11. I was a full time muso till the kids arrived (age 30), since then I make real money as a house painter + playing at nights.

12. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm a salesman at a Wine & Spirits shop that specializes in small producers and esoteric wines.

I'm actually at work right now... the customers are gonna have to wait until I finish typing this to get helped ... okay, back to work...:ninja:

13. I am CFO of a major Insurance Company.

14. GlennPagano

GlennPagano

Jul 20, 2009
    Glen Mills
    Right now I am Freshman College Student working Part-time at a funeral home. After college I hopefully will work for boeing or a funeral home.

15. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Carlsbad, NM
    I work for a parachurch christian organization in collegiate ministry.

16. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Just graduated from college (Bachelors in Ministry/Religion) and presently working as a dock worker for a regional trucking company...buy/sell some guitars/amps on the side and trying to start a band. I'm a wanderer.

17. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Use to be a carpenter till the housing crash here in Florida. Now I do B2B marketing during the day, go to college part time at night and rock my true love on the week-ends.

18. KrisH

KrisH

Nov 6, 2007
    New Jersey
    Right now I'm an attorney (solo practitioner), but I'm in the process of re-entering the professional music field to give me some more options . . . :(

19. Work??? What's that?? :D

20. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Inactive

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    Organic chemist and luthier in my evenings :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.