Where do we bassists work?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JoePlaysDaBass, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ON the ONE

ON the ONE

Nov 20, 2010
    Maine
    Full time luthier (no basses...Damn) at Bourgeois Guitars

2. Aircraft mechanic for 8 years.......
    Now Im a firefighter/paramedic in So. Fla.

3. I work in a warehouse right now and am working my way thru college to be a firefighter/medic.

4. RosieB

RosieB

Feb 10, 2009
    Full time mom (some people get paid for childcare...)

part-time bell choir director and bass player at church (only get paid for the bell choir part but we're working on that...)

Occasional music transcriber (occasionally there's work...)

and part-time college student (web development/programming) because my MIS degree is so old and unused that I'm no longer employable. (And so I can revamp the transcribing site so there's more work...)

5. Popbumper

Popbumper

Jul 19, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Manufacturing Engineer by day for a Communications company that designs/manufactures CDMA Radio Access Networks

TRANSLATION: The guy who helps your cell phone actually reach other cell phones by ensuring the integrity of the system hardware

Chris

6. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    corporate banker by necessity

7. I get paid to clean the urinals at the local strip club.

8. LSquared

LSquared

Jul 28, 2009
    SW Illinois USA
    Seems like a lot of engineer / scientist type folk. At least more than you'd expect from a normalized sample of the population.

Doesn't surprise me. I'm an electrical engineer, have spent the last 30+ years in electric power system protection and control. Currently branch manager for a consulting company in that field.

9. viper4000

viper4000

Aug 17, 2010
    Charlotte
    Sr. Business Systems Analyst and IT Project Manager for a Transportation and Warehousing Logistics firm. We sell dedicated transportation and warehousing as well as a Software as a Service.

I'm like the character in Office Space that "takes the requirements from the customer and gives them to the engineers".

10. sixstringlovr

sixstringlovr

May 23, 2011
    Goin to college as a music major and washin dishes at a local restaraunt.

11. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    I'm a sous chef. It's kind of contradicting to being a bassist. Cuts and burns on your hands happen all the time. Slicing open the pad of your index on your fret hand 4 hours before a gig is not the ideal playing situation.

12. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Commercial lease insurance, licensed in about sixteen states. It's as exciting as it sounds.

13. sixstringlovr

sixstringlovr

May 23, 2011
    @chef four string
    I know what you mean. After slicing a pound and a half green onions i cut my right index finger. Had a show that night with my thrash metal band. I play a six string with my fingers haha.

14. Investment Manager offering three-part Service: Long-term planning, intermediate investment strategy, and near-term risk management. My clients love me.

15. I managed a UPS Store in Somerset, KY for 2 years. I handled more amps & basses there, than anywhere else. Overall it was a pretty sweet job.

Now I'm a Lineman & Airframes Mechanic at W38 in Williamsburg, KY.

I've also been acquiring gear for musicians at a small finders fee for the past 4 years which makes me an extra $500-600 a month.

16. RN, working on an Oncology/Hematology floor.

17. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    I am a graphic designer for a screenprinting company.

18. basstoven

basstoven

Nov 20, 2008
    Buffalo, ny
    I work at a desicant factory. I just graduated college and looking for a new career. Maybe going to grad school.

19. jay tay

jay tay

Aug 12, 2009
    Manchester UK
    I'm a Design and Technology Teacher!

20. Retired Male Stripper

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.