Where do we bassists work?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JoePlaysDaBass, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Material Handler.
    I always keep my forklift certification current. It makes getting a day job after a failed tour easier and quicker.
    I am afraid to go back out for less than serious $$$ these days, so MH it is for now.

2. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    I'm also a production worker and drivers assistant. You get lots of $$$ for doing two jobs almost at once ( we deliver our jobs[mailings] at 6pm, after all the other mailings are done, and I get to take them out n' stuff like that.)

3. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    My job sucks. I tell people I'm an unemployed musician, it's better than telling them where I actually work, currently looking into some career prospects for a real job though.

4. I work in a record store called second spin, and it kicks major a**.

5. Former Electrician. Recently fed up with the up and down of construction, I now work at a metal fab shop that makes aluminum access covers and other related products.

6. Accountant for a government contractor in DC. As boring as it sounds.

7. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    Journeyman carpenter for about 15 years - but did play the bar scene for a livin' way back......

8. force40

force40

May 19, 2011
    Catering chef. Good money and I can book or decline jobs according to my gig schedule.

9. JPMcGuire

JPMcGuire Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Engineering Manager for one of the Big Three Auto Companies. Degrees in Metallurgical Engineering and Grad in Mechanical eng.

10. Chasbo

Chasbo

Mar 10, 2011
    Petersburg,WV
    I am a night watchman in a day nursery.

11. Currently head of maintenance dept. for a auto shop, 7-5 m-f health and dental. It's a good gig. I've worked just about any and every job you could imagine. Lived in several different states. I'm the kinda guy that will try anything just for life experience. It's been quite the adventure so far (I'm 34)

12. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    I finished a 3 years (too)long military service in the IDF's Navy a few months ago and currently working as a manufacturer/randomguy at Micron Tech., making semi-conductor chips. :)

13. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I own & work at a small company that installs voice & data cabling. Economy has started to suck the life out of it lately though. Pretty soon might have to find real job.

14. Retired after 36 years with GTE/Verizon as a warehouse worker, it was a straight Mon. through Friday day shift job, so it worked well with weekends playing music,

15. Chris Sheaffer

Chris Sheaffer

Jan 30, 2008
    Social worker.

16. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    R&D Chemist turned freelance Illustrator and UI Designer.

17. That's quite a jump. How did you manage that?

18. Neuroscience grad student :)

19. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    Went back to school and illustrating was something I had always done.

20. Nicely done, I hope it's working well for you.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.