Where do we bassists work?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JoePlaysDaBass, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpbass613

dpbass613

Feb 21, 2009
    its cause we are gear heads and also seek understanding in things.

I used to work part time at a music store and the best if ever ran was when we had a bass player assistant manager (who was really the manager) myself and another salesman bass player. One of the reasons it seemed to work was because we all has Sound Reinforcement experience, studio experience either as a sit in or engineer, played Horns back in high school, or orchestral instruments, all played guitar as well, understood what polyphony meant regarding keys. It was a smooth operation. Now its run by a bunch of guitar players and I heard that they were going to be closing that location soon due to the poor numbers.

I am an insurance adjuster, love it for the time off, second only to being a teacher.

2. Just quit my job after 7 years working for the man (Apple)

It's only temporary but right now I just sit around practicing :D

3. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    Machine operator for one of the nations biggest Railroad Companies for the last 37 years. Last year I spent 272 days/nights in motels. Averaged about 250 a year for the last 11 or 12 years.

4. DerPrinz

DerPrinz

Oct 25, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    I'm a lifeguard when I'm off from school for the summer.

5. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    In a music store selling keyboards :D

6. almightycrunch

almightycrunch

Apr 21, 2011
    Im a registered nurse, with a wife and kids. :bassist:

7. I'm a high school music teacher (10 guesses which instrument I teach :bassist: ) and a recording engineer/producer in my (very limited) spare time

8. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    I'm an lead artist/animator for a studio that contracts for online casual kids games.

9. 6bassist9

6bassist9

Jun 18, 2011
    I work at chick-fil-a haha

10. Popbumper

Popbumper

Jul 19, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Union Pacific, in North Platte? Used to be a BIG railfan back in the 90's, as well as collecting/building model trains.

Chris

11. nealw

nealw

Sep 9, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I own a low-voltage installation company (with 2 partners). We wire houses for AV, phone, cable, and security, and install home theater and home automation.

12. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Continuation of this thread is located here

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.