1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where do you buy concentric "stacked" pot

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by WarriorJoe7, Sep 14, 2008.

1. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    and for a decent price. They are always marked way up when advertised for guitar parts (Fender sells small bits of surgical tubing to prop up your pickups for $5. You could buy several feet of it for that.)

Anyways I want to buy a few dozen so in the world of small parts that should bring the price down a little.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Where have you looked? What is a reasonable price?

3. Stewmac, and they are reasonably priced.

4. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    I don't want to pay $10+ for a single stacked pot. I'd rather pay about $30-$50 for 10 of them.

Places that cater to guitars get them for cheap in bulk and then sell them singly for $10+. That is why I wanted to look elsewhere and see what I can get.

5. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    I don't have a particular place for you to look in, but consider robotics/circuitry hobby shops. As i recall resistors, wire, caps and all that was quite a bit cheaper when bought for these purposes, generally because they come in packs of 10/100.

6. DavidCertain

DavidCertain

May 7, 2008
    St. Louis
    Sole Proprietor, CertainBass
    AllParts

7. Hi.

Hmmm, You want to buy a handful of parts for the รก price of 1k or more. Good luck on that.

The big suppliers don't make a difference between 1 and 10 pieces with small inexpensive items, believe me I've tried. The kind of price drop for "labour intensive" (for lack of a better word with automatic assembly ;)) would be IME between 1000 and 5000 units.

There is however surplus sellers, try them. I've ran across a few and the only clue I'm willing to give is Asia. The only problem again is that You usually have to buy the whole lot.

The last option is a samples package from a manufacturer, it's free, but You have to have a company of some sort to make the samples request.

This all is obviously assuming that You want quality audio components. As for scrap, those can be had for the price You want them to be, even considerably less.

Regards
    Sam

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    They also have resale licenses, so they can buy from manufacturers at wholesale.