Where do you buy G&L's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rud3boy, Oct 28, 2003.

1. rud3boy

Jun 18, 2003
    I've been saving up for a G&L L2000 for a loooong time now, and I finally have enough for it! But the only problem is, where the hell can I get one custome ordered? (ie: with a jazz neck and 3tone sunbust finish) I keep ordering G&L catalogs from their sight but they never come, and samash and musiciciansfriend.com only sell one model of the bass =/

Any advice?

2. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Check out ebay...I think the is called Oklahoma Vintage Guitar or somethin' like that. They have some of the nicer G&L's I've seen new and I'm sure you can custom order through them.

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    These guys were referred to me by G&L's customer service www.buffalobrosguitars.com/gl.htm . I think their located in Nashville or Memphis. Go used G&L if possible. I like the older ones alot better than the newer models. The older models have the output jack on the face and are top routed.;)
  4. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah man, go for a used one on Ebay or any of the used gear sites. I love L2000's but would never pay the new price for one given what you can get them for used.

Good Luck
  5. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    You asked about ordering a custom bass from the factory.
    Try Dave at www.guitaradoptions.com
    He assisted me in ordering a custom ASAT.
    It takes from between 8-15 weeks, and is worth it.
    You get a hand-made bass with your specs of G&L options, necks, woods, finishes, trim.
    Great work on great sounding & playing instruments. Very reasonable prices for the quality you get. I was & still am delighted with
    my instrument.
    BTW, Buffalo Bros. is in California, & they have a good rep as well, as does Bass Northwest.
    Good luck, and enjoy your great new axe.
    I'm planning to custom order a JB-2 and an SB-2
    in the near future.
  6. Look up and you will see a banner add for G&L basses right here on this site!

7. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Picked up my L-2500 with an incredible price from Dave at Guitar Adoptions Also an authorized G&L dealer. Best customer service I ever experienced too. He has this L-2000 listed in his current specials:

8. Buffalo Bros. is located in Los Angeles and they sell more G&Ls than anybody else. In fact a whole section of their website is devoted to G&L. They are almost in a category with Elderly Instruments and Mandolin Bros., but not quite. I haven't dealt with them in a couple years and the recent feedback that I have heard was disappointing, but overall my experience has been good and I would give them another try if I were in the market for a G&L or something else they specialize in. A friend tried several times over 6 months to become a G&L dealer and never could get a response to any of his telephone calls, emails or letters, despite the fact that the closet G&L dealer is 300 miles away. So he gave up and picked up Fender instead.