Where do you buy pedal enclosures?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ole Jason, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Smallbear has a couple and one or two people on ebay sell the MXR style cases. Is there anywhere I'm missing?
  2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Are you talking the actual chassis of the pedal?
    Most good electronics stores (even the occasional Radio Shack) carry project boxes for building such things. You can usually get them in metal or plastic.
  3. Yeah the actual metal box. My radio shack only has cheap plastic boxes in weird sizes. I've yet to find any other electronic stores in the area. Anyone know of any online places?
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    mouser.com look for Hammond brand enclosures.
  5. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    You should also try http://www.tubesandmore.com/ my buddy's got an account with them and says that they're great to work with. They've got TONS of other stuff that you might need too.
  6. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Definitely go for the cast aluminum Hammond boxes, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. If you look for surplus electronics equipment you might find usable sizes at good discounts. A lot of the custom builders use them. AnalogMan and ZVex come to mind.

There is a guy here in CT, Bret Logan, who uses all kinds of sturdy and cheap boxes for his homebrew effects. Most of them are electrical boxes, small breaker panels, first aid kit boxes, and the occasional decorative metal gift box! Scavenge, young man. Scavenge!
  7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA

Search for "die cast enclosures"

They carry Hammond and Deltron, who both make a good product.