Where do you get backing track recordings?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DuluthDank, May 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I hear decent amount of bass players on youtube who come up with solos to play over backing tracks. I assume there must be a place to download these types of things?

2. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    When I want a backing track to practice over in a specific key and scale, I google it. :whistle:

There’s a lot on YouTube.....

3. mrcbass

mrcbass

Jan 14, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah, YouTube is a pretty good source. I have software that will transpose (RiffStation) if I need a specific key.

4. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    Karaoke Version

Great site.. the tracks are well done.. The site saves what you buy so even if your HD crashes you can always go back and DL it again..

Each track comes in 4 versions.. With vocals, without vocals, full version with bass (or whatever your instrument is ) and just your part. Same for guitar, drums and piano. Most tracks are $1.99 but if you buy you can get points coupons for discounts.. the first time I bought 10 tracks.. I got a 30% off coupon and bought 15 more over the weekend wound up being $1.39 each..

They also have custom tracks that are a dollar more where you can customize it for bass, guitar or drums.. and once you buy it it is yours.. You can basically get tracks for each instrument.. I think the custom tracks stay on the site though and what you DL is what you customize it to but the full track with the mixer stays on the site. I have not bought any of them yet.. but I plan to.. It is a pretty good site and the tracks are pretty well done. They are not originals but very well done.. enough in most cases to give you enough to learn the song and works stuff out. I started working on playing the melody lines fr some of the tracks I have..