Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where do you get theses?!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Im looking for neutrik locking jacks, like whats on the ibanez BTB's aswell as a number of other basses

Its just one of a few mods im planning for my newly aquired banger bass

the only problem is i cant find them anywhere! :eyebrow: all i ever find is the XLR equivilant

2. ok, ive found them over at parts express (wasnt able to get on allparts)

would have prefered a UK site, but will have to make do :)

3. well, sod that, minimum of $50 orders, erm, anyone know where else you can get these ? :)

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Neutriks are pretty common, so I can't see why you wouldn't be able to get them easily in Blighty. Have you tried Farnell or Radiospares (RS Components). You may need to go and get them over the counter as you obviously don't have an account. What about Maplin or other electronics type stores? There are a whole world of high quality electronic components not generally available at music stores.

5. theres no much in the way of high quality electrical stores around here that have parts like that

even the bay of evil (ebay :p ) didnt have them, but there were tons of sellers with the XLR type jack socket, im going to try mailing one of them on the off chance they have them/can get them

6. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Why not ask one of the suppliers listed on Neutrik's UK website?

http://www.neutrik.co.uk/

7. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
  8. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
  9. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    £2.99 here...

http://www.studiospares.com/productdetails.asp?pid=35607&order=&cid=2505&gid=5&ctitle=JACKS%20(TYPE%20A)&p=2

10. wow, **** cheers, i eventually found a site in the uk that had them, but for £7 a piece

cheers!

11. www.maplin.com
    www.allparts.com

both of these sites do them..... pretty easy to get hold off and they are around £5....I can also source them from shukerguitars and GB guitars with out much problem.

Cheers

if u need any help just pm me... Ive fitted them to all my basses with ease :)