1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where do you get your G&L's?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by epoxo57, Jul 26, 2007.

1. epoxo57

epoxo57 Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Just curious....here in Toledo we have no local stores that carry them. Peeler Music used to, but the buzz for them here wasn't great (I got my 93 L2K for a nice price). Any suggestions for a good place to order from in your experiences? I've seen Buffalo Bros, Guitar Adoptions, etc.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    You know I've never seen one for sale in a shop ever here in Cleveland. I got asked 3 times tonight what it was. 2 other people confused my L2500 for an Ibanez SRX with the dual humbuckers.

Man, even through the backline rig (Hartke 4x10 and GK RB800) it sounded killer. I love it.

3. devinb

devinb

Jul 27, 2007
    Heights Guitars in Cleveland Heights carries G&L's...

4. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    If you can't find anything locally, I found GuitarmanNYC to be very helpful, including when something went wrong.

5. Buffalo Bros get a lot of good feedback around here when people ask where to get G&L stuff.

6. surfgarage

surfgarage

Aug 21, 2004
    Hi, I've been very pleased with Buffalo Bros. Ordered a L-2000 G&L in 2004 from them, got it in just over 4 weeks no problems whatso ever. They shipped it but UPS destroyed it deliverying it to me. UPS took it and I ordered a new one from Buffalo Bros. and had that one in 31/2 weeks with no problems. Buff. Bros. has a trade in policy for anything you buy from them so I have traded in my L-2000 for a new SB-2 which is being built as we speak. And it will cost me $200.00 to get this new bass plus hopefully with all the new upgrades that G&L are doing to their basses. Not a bad deal. You could trade in what you bought from them every couple of years and get a new bass for a couple hundred bucks. A STEAL! As long as you keep what you bought from them in relatively mint condition. That's my 2 cents .

Eddie

7. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I currently have a semi-hollow ASAT. I've had:

ASAT sig
    L2000
    L2500
    L1000

All were bought here or on the Pit.

8. swood127

swood127

Oct 26, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Wow. I will consider myself lucky then. Here in Louisville we have a superb G&L dealer. Possibly everything you could think of from their catalog.

9. hoerni

hoerni

Jun 4, 2007
    NJ
    I don't know of a good dealer here in NJ. But then again, I can't remember the last time I bought an instrument new.

I got my from Guitar Center during a clearance sale. Of the few I've seen at the local GCs, they usually sit around for a while, and can be had for a low price if you can haggle (or you get lucky at a clearance sale like I did).

10. I never saw any at the Guitar Centers I've been to in Los Angeles, but I've seen a nice blueburst ASAT at Sam Ash. Like a lot of people the G&Ls I've gotten were here or at the Dudepit.

11. hoerni

hoerni

Jun 4, 2007
    NJ
    I should clarify. I've never seen them new at GC, just used ones. The store by me in East Brunswick has had a few green and blue L2000's (I think). And the one by me in Springfield had my ASAT (it was an 00 or 03, I can't remember)