Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where Do You Have Your Pickup Settings ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by leroy hogg, Aug 26, 2001.

1. How do you have your pickup settings? Do you have it mostly towards the bridge or, do you have it towards the neck?

If you do not have two separate volumes for each pickup and you have a blend, where do you have your settings?

I tend to have my blend more to the neck pickup when "slapping" and when "using my fingers" I tend to have the pickups to the bridge.

Please let me have your input on the above.

Check out my review on the Review Section on "Ryder Basses".:)

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I recently put a pair of passive vintage style bartolinis in my jazz bass and really love the sound with the bridge on like 10 and neck like 2 or 3. The bridge pickup is FULL of tight low mids. For slapping I think I'd most likely have both pickups on full.

3. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    I have my pickup blend knob right in the middle most of the time. For a "warmer" sound (especially when playing a fretless to get more "mwah") I turn more towards the bridge pickup.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    On my fretless j-bass, i tend to use the bridge pickup more. As soon as i get a new neck p/u or a new set, that'll probably change.

5. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    On my Fender (fretless jazz) I dont use the neck pickup at all, just the bridge and tone.

On my Peavey I switch using the P and the J pickup, I dont use both that often.