Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where do you play?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cschenk78, Mar 5, 2001.

1. cschenk78

cschenk78

Mar 12, 2000
    Watertown, NY
    I am in the preliminary stages of setting up a tour for next fall...doing a lot of colleges and such, but I was wondering...if anyone cared to contribute...where are some cool places to play in "your" city and what music do you usually find there?

any help would be great...

thanks

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

A great place I played in St. Louis in Jan. is The Pageant on Delmar Blvd. You can contact them at www.thepageant.com That will tell you about the layout, house lighting, sound, and give you an e-mail link for further contact.

Acoustics are good, (approx. 35'-45' ceiling from stage), sound system is Electro-Voice, (I don't know what the board, etc., are). Seating varies since the floor can be general admission. It's a main level with a balcony. The loading dock can take 2 semis. Also has 4 dressing rooms and a green room.

They get some big names. Claypool w/Frog Brigade and Jeff Beck were there in Feb. If you have some free time, Chuck Berry plays regularly across the street at Blueberry Hill. Washington U. is only about a couple of miles away.

3. So i take it a tour to Australia is not on the cards?
    *clicks fingers* damn no death metal support act? crap there goes my bands ideaof making it big. :p

Good luck dude and post up some live photos!

Merls

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yes I was going to say - my home town, Brighton in the South of England has some good venues for live bands and London, just up the road has literally hundreds of great venues! ;)

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    look up the "Jewish Mother" in Virginia Beach and in Portsmouth, VA.