Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where do you practice at?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by John Davis, Feb 2, 2002.

1. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    This was probably done, before, but I didn't see it in the search.

I just had to make this thread to brag.

My band now practices in an airport hangar. It's SOOOOOOO cool. :D

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh yeah? Well my band practicec in MY garage! Yeah...its heated. Thats right...airport shmairport :p.

3. *is jealous*

that is so cool... take some photos, okay? :)

4. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    That's cool, Mike!

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    my basement

bp13

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    My band practices in my guitarist's living room. His roommate is in another band and we all practice there. It's kind of funny how the roommate can sleep through our practices.

7. an airport hangar? that's pretty cool! :cool:

my band practices in a room over a auto-workshop and next to the local union office and a Troll-fixing-thingy... :)

so we have the key and access to that pretty much 24/7... and in the next room there's a kitchen! :D

but since we went to different schools we're on hiatus and only play in holidays, and will next summer... :)

8. my band practices at a rehearsal studio downtown. We used to jam at my house until my neighbour complained :rolleyes: but it's all good cos the studio is a sweet place to jam with great acoustics and a comfy lounge with FREE COFFEE! :D also, we can jam all night, so we usually go from 7 to 1 or 2 in the morning! Very cool! :cool:

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    At the Drummers house.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    In my guitarists Garage. It's not glamerous but it's isolated, fairly sound proof, and because we have priority over the cars, spacious. So there you have it.

11. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    sound like a U2 music video...

:cool:

12. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I practice at the same place as The_Bass except when I play with people at my school. Then we usually don´t practice.

13. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    when at home i practice in a spare room, when im rehearsing with the group we practice in some ritzy club house for some posh apartment complex. I get to get all sweaty and then go jump into this huge pool, with really pretty waterfall or the jacquzi. :D

14. At a practice studio, the drummers parents usually pay for it *like $30 a session*, but its cool cause we dont have to set up mics or anything, and bacause it is not overly used, we can call in that day and get a spot. We occasionally practice at my drummers house too.

On a side note, my drummer is by far the most intelligent member of the band. That bassist/songer *not me* is the least intelligent.

15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the band i just joined and played with yesterday has access to a where-house (did i spell it like "where-wolf?" i just got the craziest visual in my head just now!)* that is used by some boyfriend of one of the band member's mom.

we don't have to pay a damn thing!

*imagine the first E as an O...:D

16. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    (the first E in 'where house' i mean)

sorry for my lack of perspicacity

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Brad, finally got yourself a rock band then? Good going. Just gotta keep at it. Now just work your butt off! (You shoulda come to one of our shows! We had on Friday and Satuday. You'da cried at the bass playing, but not the show...)

18. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    it's kinda funny.

they already had the whole band together, minus a bassist. they even have band shirts!:eek: :cool:

(on the downside, the band's name is XeroHour*. that's right, zero is spelled with an "x."):rolleyes: :D

brendan's playing would be so beautifully delicate it would have me bursting into tears, right? [insert winking smiley here] actually, i would probably puke...but it would be due to your super-low tunings pounded out of your eden rig (and 18" cab?).

*don't get the wrong idea: we are a hard-rock band, not a metal band.

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nope. 18" fell through...which means...sigh...the worst has happened. I need to get a job. But yeah, you may or may not feel some weakness in your knees when I start playing. :)