1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Where do you practice at?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by John Davis, Feb 2, 2002.

1. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    MISCELLANEOUS.

2. We practice at the place which makes our t-shirts, it's called 'OTL' and it's in Cheltenham.

Hmmmm, an airport Hangar, are the acoustics dodgy?

- Russ

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The originals band practices at the guitarist's house, he has a shed that he built out back specifically for practicing.

The oldies band has no place to practice for now. We used to practice at the singer's house, but he sold it. We did go this weekend to a barn that belongs to a coworker of the drummer's, and took the 4 tracks and did some demo recording.:cool:

4. We practice at our drummer's house, his drumset is in his garage.......:D

5. my band has 4 practice places the reason for which is:
    we all go to the same school (which is where we met) but we all live at least 20 mins from the school and all in opposite directions so if we just practiced at 1 of our houses it's REALLY inconvinient for the other 3 (understand?) so every week we go to someone elses house so 1 of us doesn't have to travel, but the best thing is the places we practice, thier all amazing!!!

the 1st one is is an empty bungalo which was converted into a resteraunt so they knocked all the walls down and made 2 rooms, 1 big and 1 smallish, after this was done they couldn't be bothered to start up the resteraunt and now we practice in the big room and chill and sleep in the smaller 1, it's also great 4 parties!

the 2nd is a mini hanger in my other band members farm and at the end of it there is a stage! it has been host to many raves and gigs and is a great place 2 jam!

the 3rd is my mates garage, resonably big with heating and all around the walls on the floor is pilles of padding, great for chilling out on and jumping into!

and lastly at my place we go to the local communtity hall, it has pool tables, table tennis, basket ball and a kitchen, and best of all we practice there FOR FREE!

but what makes all these places EVEN BETTER is that there are practically no houses n e where near them but the 1s that are have really sound people in them so we can jam all night!

right, thats the bragging over :D what do u think?

l8rz

Tom

6. Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    The guitarist in the band works at a music shop down town. Everything closes about 6:00. After hours we can be as loud as we want and there is nobody to gripe. They only have ibanez and peavy basses(crapy models), so I bring my own, but the rest of the stuff we use right off the floor. We are carefull and take good care of the stuff. The guy who owns it doesn't care that we do it. Its nice you never have to worry about forgetting cables or tunners.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021