Where do you take your bass to have it shipped?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Poon, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Dear Fellow TBers:

I'm selling one of my bass guitars and I want to ship it to its new home in Texas. However this is my first expereience with shipping a bass guitar. Usually when I shop around for basses for me to buy, shipping usually cost somewhere around the range of $30-$40 + boxes and insurance. Therefore I was extremely startled when I went into the UPS Store today to get an estimate for shipping my bass and they said with the packaging, insurance ($1200), and the shipping, it would be $100. Is it me, or does that sound a bit much. Please if any of you have found alternatives that work well for shipping and they are relatively low cost (i.e. USPS, FED EX, or UPS not with the outrageous price, i'd like to hear. Thank you.
  2. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I much prefer FedEx. They are cheaper and better on packages. Check out their site and see what your estimate would be. My guess is under $40...They don't really have insurance though. You declare the amount but I don't know how much they'd cover if there was a problem. The key is to pack it well.