Where does it come from?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trevorus, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    When I move around with my spector ns2000, my amp puts out a really high pitched squeal, then it blows the tweeter protection bulb everytime. This has happened a couple of times. I have a GK 1001RB hooked up full-range to an Eden D210-MBX and a 1-15 cab. The amp doesn't even have to be turned up past 9 o'clock. Anybody got any ideas?
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Feedback is my guess.

Feedback at extreemely high frequencies is kinda hard to protect against sometimes.

If you hear some hiss from your tweeter I can almost garantee thats its. Just turn down the highs a bit.

3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    it's not string feedback, and it probably isn't feedback from microphonic pickups, and I already have done the treble thing. I don't boost my treble at all, and hardly at all on the bass. So I wonder if it is the electronics in my bass. They have been a bit finicky from time to time. I wish I had a bartolini circuit rather thatn this EMG. It has done awesome all but for this problem. Anyone else have any ideas?
  4. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Have you checked your instrument cable and jack? My kingston was doing the same thing and I noticed that I could reproduce it by moving the cable in a certain direction. Turns out that the jack on the bass was loose and losing contact with the cable sometimes, depending on the way I moved.