Where does your band practice?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Artist, Mar 29, 2002.

1. In the attik

3 vote(s)
  2. In the basement

32 vote(s)
  3. special soundproof room

10 vote(s)
  4. hut in the back yard

3 vote(s)
  5. on the beach

0 vote(s)
  6. ..somewhere with carrots...

6 vote(s)
  7. in a cave

5 vote(s)
  1. I have been having problems with the volume of my band. We've been playing in our attik, bt the sound carried through the walls to the next door naighbours, and you could hear us 3 streets away.
    So now we've moved into our bassment and it can hardly be heard outside, and just like someone has the HiFi on. It's better down the anyway coz we don't have to carry the gear up in the attik and it doesn't get as hot in summer :cool:

Where do you play with your band?

2. We hire a rehearsal room at a studio. We get a 3 hour block which seems to be the way of it over here. You get the PA with mics, the drum kit (no symbols or hi-hatt) and guitar and bass amps!
  3. man... wish we had something like that around here.
  4. I used to have my own studio.. but my parents use it now for storage.. since i kicked my old band out my stuff is @ home.. but i've met a guitarist / singer with whom i might start a new band :)
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    With my last band we had a huge rehearsal room (no basement) we shared with another band.

Really huge, no neighbours, expensive but no stairs. :)
  6. Our drummer has his own business so we practice in his shop after hours. Still have to watch the volume though, people can get upset with you anywhere.
  7. screw 'em ! we're practicing goddamn !

8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    We rehears in my finished Basement, My Wife finally gave me the OK after we lost our last rehearsal room!
    It is so convienent! Just stroll down stairs before practice fire everything up open the doors, It's cool.
    The best part, It's FREE!!:D
    My original band rehearses on Tue and My Wifes band rehearses on Wed. My Neighbors are Musicians so they don't mind, We are respectfull and don't go past 9:30pm.
    Here's a pic of my side!
  9. We practice at one of my guitarists houses - he's a carpenter and built the practice room and recording studio in his basement. Nice acoustic wall treatments and 3+ acres of land = no abused neighbors.

10. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    The first time my band got together to practice, my guitarist has a whole duplex to himself, so the next house over was unlocked so we drug all our stuff in there and the acoustics were not that great but it worked and had electricty so....and nobody complained about noise so we thought we were ok....then a guy from housing mantinence showed up...we didnt see him and he called security forces who promptly showed up and arrested us all for breaking and entering. we got him to drop the charges cause the house was unlocked so...

but...we have tried sooo many places to practice and always get kicked out so...still looking:rolleyes:

hence the vote :carrots
  11. jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
  12. mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    We rent a room with monthly rates at a rehearsal place that used to be a warehouse of some sort downtown (got converted by new owners into 3 stories of practice rooms ; it's called DLP Rehearsals, and is also where musicians.net broadcasts from.
  13. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    My living room
  14. My band practices in a room, pretty big on the top floor of a workshop(?) and since usually no one is working in that building we can play as loud as we want... :)

and.... it's FREE!!!! :D

we used to practice in a house which is really big and had a stage and all, but it was an old house and the wiring sucked and it sometimes leaked so we stopped being there.. we also once practiced in a un-used room at school....

did I mention that all of those places were FREE? :D

Sometimes I love living in a small town! :thumbup:
  15. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    drummers basement.

or guitarist's moms house.. she has a huge photo studio.. and we practice in there sometimes.
  16. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    We rent a room in a home appliance repair shop. It´s on the second floor, 40m2 (approx 120 square feet). It´s very cool, the rent is pretty high, but we can play as loud as we want to, since there´s at least 1km to the nearest home. We can do what we want with the place. We´ve modified it so it sounds better. Next weekend we´ll start building a little attic in which we will have a little Digi001 studio :)
  17. My drummer's dad's in a band, and they have a studio in his basement, so we play there.
  18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

With the originals band, we practice in a shed out back of the guitarists house, that he built especially for rehearsals.
  19. I voted "in a cave" cause thats what the warehouse reminds me most of.

The Studio