Where does your money go?!! (poll)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aaron, Jul 29, 2001.

1. To my Bass/Basses

27 vote(s)
  2. To my amp/amplifiers

16 vote(s)
  3. Sadly enough to effects and other accessories (cables, picks, etc.)

9 vote(s)
  4. Rods and reels. (isn't this the new fishing message board?)

5 vote(s)
  1. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Out of the money you spend towards basses, amps, effects, etc., where does it go?

Most of my money goes towards basses.
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    id get all of them if i could GET some money in the first place
  3. I picked amps, because that is where most of my money has gone lately, but now a new bass might be coming soon.
  4. First to basses. Second to gas to get to the store.
  5. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    (almost) all of the above - basses, amps, strings,
    tubes. Don't feesh no more.
    I know damn well where it AIN'T goin' [​IMG]
  6. Amps currently. I think I have enough basses to get whatever sound I would want out of them. So now I'm experimenting with preamps and power amps. That has increased my sound quite a noticeable bit. Recording has really shown the difference!
  7. istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    if I had any money to spend I'd probably spend it on fixing up my bass or even a new ride.
  8. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
  9. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    ~33% goes to Big Brother most of the rest supports my wife and kids.
  10. downward spiral

downward spiral

Jul 20, 2001
    i'm still in high school and a beginning bassist and so I only have one bass and amp so my money goes towards cables whihc I am always wrecking by mistake, a recent cool effects pedal, strings, etc.
  11. Basses, I think im ready for a second bass (maby a yamaha bb searies or a MIM fender). I also could see a bass wah in the near future
  12. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    well, i intended this poll to deal with bass related items, but oh, well. Who voted for accessories? How is that possible? Do you actually run through strings and stuff like that, that quickly?

I've also noticed that i look for basses before amps when i go to the music store (even if i'm looking for an amp.)
  13. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I try to put most of the money I make playing with my band, back into my band. Occasionally, some other pesky thing will come up that I need to spend my money on instead -- gasoline, car repairs, food, clothes, rent, etc. ;)
  14. CDs...I haven't gotten a bass or an amp for about a year.
  15. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Bills, Bills, and more Bills
  16. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    bass amps, wood, glue, screws, screens, speakers, tools, ... My cabs keep getting modified. Maybe I should quit playing bass and become a carpenter.
  17. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    comin out of high school i dont got much money to put into my setup. but ive saved up a enuff for a decent setup which consists of:

Bass: Ibanez BTB510 $500
    Amp: Swr Bass750 & Swr goliath III $1300
    Effects and accesories: Zoom 506II & monster
    cabes $150

i voted for amps obviously:D

i am happy with the amp but i wouldnt mind upgrading my bass to a carvin custom LV75 :)
  18. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I suppose only about 25% of the signal processing takes place in the bass. The rest is in the rig. What a sin to spend $1500 on a good bass and rely on a crappy amplifier and speakers. I learned this the hard way. I'm starting to gig more, and have realized a good amplifier is sooo important. I'm in the market and hunting for a semi-pro rig as we speak.
  19. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Good luck finding a BB. Best bass I ever had.
  20. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Am I the only member of this board that doesn't have GAS?

No disrespect to anyone infatuated with gear, but I spend more time thinking about excelling on the equipment I do have, then getting new stuff.