1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where else but Ebay???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rob Mancini, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330214528849

As someone very familiar with the old Peavey DynaBass amps, I really have to laugh at the shine this guy's trying to put on this turd. The only thing crazier than someone who doesn't know what he has and selling it dirt cheap is someone who doesn't know what he's got and selling it for a fortune.

2. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Wow.

3. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    "People often remissness...." :confused:

I don't think I have ever remissnessed in my entire life. But I could be wrong.

4. Hah! - That's being sold right here in my home town.

Figures, most local musicians here really fluff up their descriptions of their own equipment.

You wouldn't believe how much old, crappy (of course there's exceptions) Peavey equipment there is in this town. I guess it was all the local guitar store sold for the longest time. Well, that and Traynor, but that's a different story ;)

-Eric

5. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    There are two ways to look at that.

The other way is that most of the non-Peavey stuff didn't survive as long as the Peavey stuff...like seeing old, old Johnson outboard motors. You don't see a whole lot of old, old non-Johnson outboard motors.

:)

6. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    He should jump on that "local offer"

7. Warfrat73

Warfrat73

Nov 18, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Brilliant, at least he started the bidding low, unlike that SessionBass head that kept getting relisted with a $600 starting bid.

8. The funny thing is we have a old Johnson outboard motor out at our cottage.

The thing with motors though, is in order to be considered good they just have to run, be low maintenance, and last a while.

It doesn't quite work the same way with bass amps: being able to turn on, require little maintenance and last a long time isn't really the full equation - there's that tone-thing to consider ;)

So, are you saying you'd spend $700 on that Dyna Bass? Because I'll go knock on his door and tell him to box it up for you :D

-Eric

9. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    Do you remember the Peavey Standard series? I came across a working p.a. head just a few months ago.

Yeah, I agree, compared to today's standards, it was a dog. But, I still say that you don't see many really, really old Fender heads (except the tubes) or Marshall heads or Acoustic heads or whatever compared to the old Peaveys.

:)

10. Everything on Ebay is "rare" or "one of a kind"... Thank god for the TB community!

11. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

That's a great amp.

12. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

13. I'm gonna go remissness.

14. (One of the pics)
    "Caution! High Voltage!"

THAT Sold me right there!!!!!!!!:bag:

Bidding's over; he lowered the "reserve", and it didn't even sell at $75!:eek: