1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

where else would i go for advice?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Apr 6, 2006.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hi, fellas.. me again with a life changing decision to make ;)
    i had a thread goign about the mary kay white finish thing from Warmoth. not too many guys with MKW basses around, i guess.
    my reservation is that there seems to be a bit of pink hue to this finish and i really wanted trans white or cream and they don't offer it. so, i am considering switching to a natural figured maple top, which is only $45 more since i would forfit the one piece ash body.
    consider this , its a maple fingerboard with white blocks and binding
    so... what to do?
    natural figured maple top? or mary kay white, pink hue and all
    mary kay white:
    [​IMG]

2. Hey AG! Good to see you around here man! IF it were me and I was still in Miami, I couldn't see myself with the pink...BUT you're in Vegas Baby!! I think it is actually kind of a signature thing in a town like Vegas! You know what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas LOL! aside from that, if you do have to go New York (or ANYWHERE outside Vegas for that matter) you still have your F, right???? I kind of dig it.....Honestly!! For what its worth I have had a pair of sadowskys with a Transparent White finish and BOTH of them were outrageous! I am seriously thinking about getting them to build me a P4 or 5 with a Trans White finish...I think they are off da chain!

Peace and much love to you man, keep up and don't get down unless you're groovin!!!! We pray for you everyday in my house. God Bless You!

T

3. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    I'm gonna go with what somebody said in that other thread.. I think the color of the inside of the case messes with how you perceive the guitar in some way or another.. I don't think the guitar would show up pink in a neutral colored environment.