Where have you had the best Eggplant Parm?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 1, 2005.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

In a littel whille i am going to take a half hour trip a few towns over to get one of the best eggplant parm dinners i have had with a few friends and i was wondering where have you had the best Eggplant Parm? . The place i am going to is called Nino's and it is like a tiny hole in the wall closet but it sure is good. Enjoy !
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Either my mom's house or mine.

Although I once had an eggplant parm sub while on tour that was simply awesome...it was (I think) in New Haven CT. It was super thin sliced eggplant then breaded/fried and topped with sauce and cheese. Oh man. . . I want one now!
  3. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    my ex-girlfriend's grandparent's place.

I didn't even realize I was eating eggplant. I thought it was chicken! :rolleyes:
  4. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Flip's wine bar.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    On my kitchen table, made by my wife. Seriously. I have tried it at other places, and now one elses is worth paying for compared to my wifes.

If I had to eat it at a restaurant, I would go to a place in downtown Olympia called Trinacria.

6. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    My Mama's is #1.

The best i've had in a restaraunt is in Melbourne, Florida. A place called Bella's in downtown Melbourne. I'm a big dude, but there's no way I can down it in one sitting... even though it's so delicious.
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Papa Picolos in Miami has the best Ive ever tried.
  8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    My half Italian mom's. I've tried it in many reasturants but always been dissapointed.
  9. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Olive Garden. Nice.
  10. Mine.

I make it fried in olive oil blend with a special set of spices (whatever I throw in ;) ) and 5 cheeses, and a special souped-up jar sauce I favor. v:O)~

I like it mousakka-style too, and use a mix of beef and shredded sausage that just kills.

edit: But if not mine and I go out for it, I go to my 2nd-uncle Mario's restaurant....3 blocks from my house.
  11. 1.) My mom's.
    2.) Don Pepe's (Lefferts Blvd, Ozone Park)
    3.) Monte's (97 MacDougal Street, Manhattan)
    4.) An ex-girlfriend's

Melanzane Parmigiana, Mmmm... :cool:

Here's a recipe I've never tried, so if it comes out badly, don't come cryin' to me! :p

12. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but 3 years ago some friends took us to dinner in Tuglie, Apulia at the southern tip of the heel of Italy. Excellent. If you get there I highly recommend the local Salento red wine also.
  13. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    PASTAVINOS= ATLANTA, GA [buckhead] peachtree battle shopping center. it is a cash only place but it is the best in the world......well the 2nd best. my friend jeff's wife is a full blooded italian and she makes the best italian food ever. i'll send you some!!!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

When i went out the other night i ordered ravioli with the eggplant parm and it came out baked together it was really good.

Whats your guys prefrence baked or fried for the eggplant? or you can fry it first and then bake it all together.
  15. Wow. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What is it?
  16. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Egglant sliced thin, lightly floured and quickly sauteed in a skillet, served on a torpedo (hoagie, grinder, whatever) roll
    and covered with marinara tomato sauce and melted cheese.
    The parm refers to parmesan cheese.

Y'all down there would say 'Chicken Fried Eggplant' y'hear!
  17. You must get an Italian girlfriend. ;)

Mike :)
  18. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC

They're nice to have around for not only eggplant parm, but their mothers can show you better shaving techniques ;) .

No offense to the Italians, I'm Irish, I know your pain.
  19. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Back many years ago when I had an Italian
    g/f, the visit to Mama's house was pretty special. Especially
    the Xmas dinner thing.

But having the GF was like the old boatowner story,
    the best 2 days of your life are the day you get it and the
    day you get rid of it.

Oddly enough, the mother kept inviting me, what was with