1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where in New York can I try out a Sadowsky, Lakland, Dingwall, LEJ all in one place?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rob_the_bassist, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Is it possible to? Where? (Around NYC/Long Island)

2. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Why don't you take the trip to the shop? No place better than that.

3. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    The only place I know where you can play Laklands in NYC is Sam Ash on W. 48th Street.

4. hmm so it looks like i can't try these all at once

5. tat2jim

tat2jim

Sep 13, 2007
    ATL via NYC
    You are correct Sir!

Check out this place down here in ATL.
    http://atlantabassgallery.com/

I've been to a few seminars here. They even do set-ups for a mere $25.

6. Groove Shoppe in Farmingdale carries Sadowsky and Lakland if I am not mistaken. As far as Dingwall and LEJ.. not sure about that. I would love to try both out as well.

7. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    I don't believe there is anywhere you can do that in one place in the Metro area. Too bad, because if you find a couple of basses you think are keepers, you may not be able to compare them side by side unless you buy one of them.
    It's not easy. I guess when you find the right one, you forget what the pain it took to get there. Happy hunting!

8. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Nowhere, and I believe the only place LEJs are available are at The LowEnd: http://www.thelowend.net/ as they are their house brand.