1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where is a good place to get a replacement neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LotusCarsLtd52, Apr 26, 2010.

1. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    Warmoth seems too pricey for me so where is a good place to get a replacement Jazz neck? Allparts? Mighty Mite? I'm interested in high quality and a neck that was clearly made by someone who cares about their work and it shows.

2. Billy3000

Billy3000

Dec 18, 2008
    LAst time I checked Allparts was just about the same price as warmoth. Mighty Mite is still the cheapest I think, I don't know much about their quality though

3. JohnnyB53

JohnnyB53

Nov 1, 2009
    Get an SX Jazz copy and jack the neck? You might have to file the frets a little bit.

Or hit the pawnshops, pick up a MIM Fender or Squier, order a Mighty Mite replacement neck, put the Fender/Squier neck on your bass, and put the Mighty Mite neck on the pawnshop bass and flip it.

4. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Allparts and Mighty Mite are both pretty good quality.

Check Ebay. You can also try USA Custom Guitars...they're a little bit cheaper than Warmoth, but also excellent quality.