where is my gt4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thekingbassist, Dec 25, 2003.

1. i ordered my gt4 from guitar center for 450 before tax and that was a little over 3 weeks ago.
    the sales associate told me it would take a week to get here. i laughed out loud and replyed so im lookin at atleast a two week wait. he said no way dude it will be here next week. i ordered it on a thursday.

how longs is too long too wait?

and what should i do about it?
  2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    call them back..be pissed..
    try to get a strap or something out of it

3. well i called them on friday and the guy that ordered it said yhey dont make them any more and he couldnt get one. im am not at all pleased i had to wait over 3 weeks to hear this. they better not try to give me store credit, because there will be hellfire!!
  4. frigo

frigo burn in hell!

Dec 8, 2003
    two stories:
    1) I ordered My '83 rickenbacker from bassnw.com (they are in Seattle, i'm in Italy). I did the order on thursday, and on tuesday it was at my door! It was in perfect condition and is now one of my fav basses.

2) I ordered a dimebag darrel hardcase from music 123 for my guitar player, it was in sept.2002. It took 2 months, and almost 15 email and a couple of phone calls from italy to get rid of the situation.

What i learned in my life, specially in shops, if they don't have the thing you want, go look for it somewhere else, specially if you know the guys..
    It happened the same with my car, i wanted a special model and had to wait 3 months. Next time i'll buy a cheaper one and make sure to choose from the ones thy got in.
    my 2 cents
  5. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    that is what i did for my warwick. I ordered it in november and is set to arrive in january. I ordered it from this company up in newcastle becuase of the price-£700
    The other company i was going to get it from said over the phone it was £800. i then went to the shop and they said, no we don't/never do that bass. Then i phoned about 2 weeks later and he said yep we do it and it is £720.

The thing is that they have it in stock and are closer to my home, but the men who worked there were really nasty and common.

One question you should ask is how long it will take. mainly they tell you the same... Two shops quoted the same time it would arrive.

So you should shop around, or just go to a shop that has one every day and pretend it is your own bass:p