Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where is Pete Hanewinckel?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by microrario, Jun 29, 2005.

1. microrario

microrario

Jun 29, 2005
    Both my bass shop and I have tried contacting him, them leaving 2 phone messages and me e-mailing him, but have received no response. To the people on this board who know him personally, is there something going on? I really want to buy a bass from him and would like to get it finished before I leave for college.

By the way, does anyone know his typical turnaround time?

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Pete is currently up to his eyeballs in repairs to his home. He's doing the work himself and has been sort of out-of-touch the last few weeks. I think he's coming up for air soon, however. He'll get back to you; he's that kind of guy. Just be patient.

3. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    A while back, I emailed him concerning a possible order, and I never heard back from him. I emailed him several times over a two week period and nothing. I'm sure he makes a great bass, but even if he's busy, he should answer emails at the very least just to keep everyone posted. Just my thoughts, I'm sure there was something going on when I emailed him, but the experience soured me with him and the result was that I moved on to other builders like Carey Nordstrand, Chris Benavente, and Jake Marchlewski.

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I've been in touch with him recently, with a fairly quick turnaround time - I've got a bass nearing completion though.

I can't really speak for the turnaround time - it took 10 months for the pickups to arrive :eek: :bawl: so I don't know how long things would've taken had I used pickups that were in stock.

5. microrario

microrario

Jun 29, 2005
    Hah! Just as I checked this thread I was opening my e-mail program and there, sitting in my inbox, was the response. Needless to say, I'm getting a Hanewinckel ASAP.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    You got lucky. I seem to recall telling you when you ordered that bass that my last set of custom Barts took over a year! ;)

When he has all the stuff in-house, his turnaround time on a new bass is typically in the 12-16 week range. Obviously, there are exceptions.

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Cool! Then I suppose it won't be quite as cruel if I throw in a gratuitous photo of my new one. . . :D :hyper:

Attached Files: