Where is the best place to get a 4 space rack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Oct 17, 2004.

1. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Im in the market for a 4 space rack, should i look on ebay or does anyone have any sites that really help?

i dont want to spend much at all, i dont tour, and i set up my own gear. im only 17. so i dont need shock mount or anything like that.

any help would be great.
  2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Honestly, sounds like you need to find (relatively) local music stores and check prices on used ones. A rack's a rack, IMO.
  3. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004

Used SKB off of ebay.

Should be well under $100.
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    dunno if its still available but i searched the tb classifieds for "rack space" and this was one of the 1st relavantones to come up

gator 4 space

i always try to buy/sell off of here 1st
  5. www.pearsoncases.com

This is the simplest case I could find (p4sr, $33, also sells on ebay for $29 - user pearsoncases). If you want corners, get them at www.partsexpress.com.

A little heavier than plastic molded cases, but the carpet goes better with carpet covered cabs IMHO.
  6. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Check out Musician's Friend - they have their own brand, very affordable. The only thing is they don't list the dimensions. :scowl:
  7. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    This depends alot on what you need for funtionality, weight etc. Search out Ampegs rack. It's solid like a head once you get all gear installed. Designed to match their Pro gear cabs. :smug:
  8. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    How much heavier?

Are these good quality cases? I'm kinda interested in their P8d model.