1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

where is the best place to get this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by coolrunner989, Aug 8, 2007.

1. I need a sansamp programmable bass DI within the next week or so. I'd like to buy used to get it cheaper but new would be ok too. Neither of the gutar centers around here have it in stock, neither does sam ash.

Ive check craigslist to no avail, and the ones on ebay are either new or only discounted like 20 bucks, which isnt worth it to me - I'll just go new if i have to pay 180 + shipping for a 210 dollar pedal.

so I'm looking for recommendations on other stores I could check, and any other online listing-type place aside from ebay and craigslist.

thanks

any TB'ers wanna get rid of theirs?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They show up here in the TB classifieds about once a week or so.

3. ive seen the non-programmable ones on sale here....I havent seen the one I'm looking for lately.

but I have been looking - thanks!

4. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    how about online retailers? MF, music123, american musical, zzounds?

5. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
  6. samedaymusic looks nice, probably more reliable than MF.

But I'm aiming for used, cuz then I get it cheaper :D lol. And I'd just like to see if there is any other place online that sells things in general.

thanks for the advice so far guys...

7. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
  8. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The used ones are going for "near new" prices becuase the demand is there. If you want instant satisfaction, you're going to have to pay for it. If you can take more time to shop, you might find one for cheaper if you watch the TB classifieds closely.

9. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    IME, getting something used quickly isn't easy... If you need it within a week, better cough up the extra money for it, unless you can find one locally on CL.

If you go the e-bay route, figure 3-5 days for the auction duration... another day for the guy selling it to give you the address to send the payment... another 3 days to send him a check/money order.... 3 more days for the seller to let the payment clear the bank... 3-5 days shipping. Can be faster if you use Pay Pal of course.

10. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Just curious why you want the programmable one? I have one of each but still wondering whether I need all 3 channels at my disposal at this point.

11. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    They went on sale up here in Canada last year at the big retail chain for about a month. I licked out and got mine for $150 Canadian new. They are back to being $250 new and don't seem to be on sale anywhere.

I guess as its such a popular item, the price stays up. They are worth the investment for the sheer simplicity and usefulness.

12. yeah, I'm probably going to just shell it out and buy it new.

I want the prgrammable one because I've yet to find a setting for all three of my basses that I really like - so I'll have a channel for each one.

13. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
  14. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Sounds like a good reason to me....It should work well for that.