1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where is the best place to sell equipment?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GearHeadBassMan, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dont think im breaking any rules with this question.

what is the best place to sell a stack? besides the forums here, where have you guys had the most success? (particularly for local selling)

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Classifieds here > Craigslist > Ebay

In that order. At least for me.

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    +10

4. tmw

tmw Gold Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2006
    Delmar, NY
    Talkbass Classifieds, Craigslist, College

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    TB Classifieds, Craigslist, and asking around my circle of friends if anyone knows anybody.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I'd say perhaps Classifieds here > eBay > Craigslist...depending on what it is.

Heavy items go on Craigslist first because I'm getting too old and lazy to ship. There are enough Chicago area members here that I should go to the TB Classifieds first. I get real tired of Craigslist lowball offers.

If it's something I am willing to ship, well known and likely to generate a bidding frenzy, I go to eBay first.

If I was selling a "stack" (which to me means a head and two cabinets), I'd sell them separately. Someone might want one piece but not all three. I sell off the piece that I wouldn't want to be stuck with first and then work back toward the one that I'd be most likely to keep. On eBay, I never have two auctions for the same thing up at once because I don't want to compete with myself.

And, on eBay, if there are a number of items like the one I'm selling, I'll often subsidize shipping to be more competitive. My closing prices have often be greater to much greater than average when folks see reduced shipping costs.

IMO/IME etc.

7. Guys. He's trying to sell a stack. Locally.

Craigslist.

Mike

8. yeah, thanks. I'm selling about 200 lbs of equipment, hopefully at once.
    I've had luck with craigslist in the past, just making sure that I wasnt missing out on something.

9. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Trying to sell gear locally or not, for TB you need a SM to post FS ads. Even veiled ones.

CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.