Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where on 48th street are all those music stores (NYC)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt R Miller, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    i know there is a big block of like 10 music stores in NYC on 48th, but where exactly are they? im here visiting my sister and i definitely want to check them out during the day tomorrow (the 31st).

2. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I believe it's the block between 6th and 7th Ave, or very close to that.

Have fun! :)

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, b/w 6th and 7th.

4. slinkp

slinkp

Aug 29, 2003
    brooklyn, NY, USA
    It's not really that many stores anymore. Sam Ash bought most of them and made them departments of Sam Ash. They even bought Manny's but kept the Manny's sign up front.

Rudy's is worth checking out, they have some nice stuff ... but they can be pretty dismissive unless you make clear you're there to buy something for real.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Rudy's is cool, but very expensive. The basses are on the third floor, I walked in, walked out screaming I am not worthy!

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

48th street custom is gone. Rudys is on the high end of the price spectrum and they isint too much room for negotating their. My by far Favorite Bass place in the NYC area is in Brooklyn @ Sadowsky Guitars ;) .www.sadowsky.com